Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

My Choice:

So I haven't been wanting to jump on the BB cream bandwagon,  mainly because I'm a foundation girl and I get breakouts, so I usually like my makeup to have some coverage.  Well since I'm now a stay home mom and don't have a reason to apply my usual makeup routine, I decided to give one a try. I did my research and according to most reviews Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream seemed like a match for me.




Product and Details:

Maybelline Dream Pure BB cream is package in a 1oz flesh and light blue colored tube,  very slim and light weight. Under the Dream Pure BB title it claims to be a 8 in 1 BB skin clearing perfector with 2% salicylic acid. In the back under uses it says "for the treatment of acne" and "helps clear up acne blemishes and allows skin to heal. Next to uses it lists the 8 benefits which are:

  • Clears acne 
  • Conceals imperfections
  • Minimizes look of pores
  • Reduces the appearance of redness
  • Adjusts to skin tone
  • Hydrates and smoothes
  • Enhances and clarifies
  • 0% oils and lightweight feel

The Verdict: ****

My first impression when I squeezed a small amount out of the tube was "Oh wow". It had a very thin and soft texture not at all thick and sticky like some BB creams/ tinted moisturizers. When I spread the BB cream on face I noticed it had enough coverage to at least hide some redness and slight unevenness, but not the dark spots I have from a few recent blemishes. The finish was matte and I did notices some of my pores were less visible. I wasn't expecting this to make me look flawless, which it didn't but it gave me a put together look perfect for errands and the park. I paired this up with some blush and bronzer and I felt decent to step out of the house without looking dead or over done. I would definitely repurchase for 3 reasons;  it held up against the heat,  it didn't cause any new breakouts, and lastly it was good enough coverage. Thanks hope you guys enjoyed if there is any other questions about the product I didn't cover please comment below, or just let me know what you think of the product if you've tried it already!

P.S this me 8 hours later plus the hot trip to the park!




No comments:

Post a Comment