Saturday, August 23, 2014

Review: ALMAY CC smart shade luminous primer

My skin type: I have sensitive, combination/dry medium beige skin with golden/yellow undertones. I'm oily in the T zone and dry in surrounding areas. I occasionally have some breakouts usually around that "time of the month", but my skins main flaw is hyper-pigmentation. Usually left from my occasional breakout. Since I also have sensitive skin I usually avoid products that don't cater to sensitive skin/blemish prone skin.


My Choice: ALMAY CC smart shade luminous primer! I really didn't do any research prior to buying this product, i just happened to be browsing the make up section at the grocery store when this caught my eye.  Since ALMAY is known for making products to suit sensitive skin I knew this product was worth giving a try.


Product and Details: ALMAY CC smart shade luminous primer is packaged in a 1oz glass bottle with a pump dispenser. The primer is only available in one color,  which is a sheer pink liquid. The only claim the product makes on the bottle is that it is color correcting with SPF 15. The texture of this was light but creamy similar to a light weight Moisturizer and since it had SPF there was a slight scent of it. Once blended into my skin the finish I was left with was very hydrating yet matte but glowy.


The Verdict: ****
When I applied this and blended it into my skin my face immediately soaked this up and it applied evenly without leaving any weird residue or color behind, just a very hydrated look. I fell in love with this product immediately after I applied my foundation over it! I was a bit worried that the sheer pink color wouldn't do well with my skin tone,  since I have yellow undertones, but this didn't interfere with my foundation outcome as far as color goes.  I love that this product comes with a pump, one pump was the perfect amount for my entire face. This really help my makeup apply evenly and give a nice airbrushed look. I noticed when I apply this under my makeup covering up redness and dark spots is effortless,  no concealer needed.  At the end of the day my makeup stayed fresh without splotching and I also noticed I didn't need to touch up during the day. I've been using this for 2 months and I haven't noticed any.  breakouts or irritation. This is a must in my makeup routine plus I get double use out of this product an apply as a eye primer and it works fantastic! I will definitely buy again for 3 reasons: I didn't have breakouts from this product,  my makeup looks airbrushed when I use it and my T zone stayed under control. Thanks I hope you enjoyed this review let my know if you have questions about the product that I didn't cover or share your opinion with me if you've tried it already!


No comments:

Post a Comment